Disney’s Animal Kigdom is gettgin ready to host a 3-day Party for the Planet celebration. The fun filled event will run April 21-23 and includes a lot of awesome events, merchadise and food. Below is a look at a few of the details about the event that was posted on the Disney Parks Blog earlier today.
(via Disney Parks Blog)
- Pick up a Party for the Planet Times Guide when you enter the park to help you plan the day.
- Choose how you will “see nature” and tell the story of your day at the park. In the Oasis, select one of 10 different animal cut-outs (while supplies last) to enhance your experience while raising awareness of the animals Disney Conservation Fund is helping protect through our Reverse the Decline, Increase the Time initiative. Be sure to share your photos on social media using #DisneyAnimals!
- Along Maharajah Jungle Trek in Asia, take part in an activity focused on snow leopards, one of the amazing animals featured in Disneynature “Born in China.” You can also pick up a free activity packet (while supplies last) based on the film. We’re posting this activity below if you want to get a head start!
- Disney PhotoPass photographers will create a special Magic Shot image based on “Born in China” and will have fun Earth Day props you can use to enhance your photos.
- Treat yourself to a specialty Party for the Planet chocolate cupcake with chocolate mousse filling and buttercream icing at Creature Comforts and Isle of Java in Discovery Island or panda-themed cookies and candy apples at Zuri’s Sweets Shop in Africa.
- Shop special vendors in Discovery Island and Africa who are here for our Earth Day celebrations.
- Be sure to arrive at “Flights of Wonder” early for special conservation-themed pre-shows and opportunities to meet a Disney veterinarian.
- Show your animal side with face painters and caricature artists at Conservation Station.
- Embrace the adventure! There are more than two dozen other family-friendly experiences and special interactions with our animal care experts and education instructors planned throughout the park, so relax, celebrate nature and enjoy Disney’s Animal Kingdom!